“Having a child is like getting a tattoo… on your face. You better be committed.”

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Waiting Game...


So, here I am at 39 weeks incubation with hardly any progress toward impending labor. *Sigh*. All of these months flew by as if I wasn't even waiting and now I feel like the day will never come. But I suppose that's how it always goes when you are close to the due date of any exciting event.


The Boppy Pillow


 Anyway, I purchased a Boppy pillow off of eBay because I plan on breastfeeding. I have heard mostly great things about it. I know.. It's a disconnected, circular pillow, how amazing can it be? But hey, I'm new at this and I figure it's worth a shot. It was only $5 not including shipping so if nothing else, maybe it can be used as one of those neck pillows during a flight. Haha not really. It can also prop the baby up when I lay her down on the couch or bed. I will let you know if I love it or if it's a "meh".



3 Ingredient Brownies

During my current free time until baby comes I sometimes try out the amazing things I find on Pinterest. If you haven't boarded that ship, get on it.  These brownies are literally three ingredients and weren't bad at all. Next time I plan to add some sort of baking chocolate, a little frosting or maybe a mini candy bar to melt in the middle. They aren't very sweet or decadent as most brownies are but that can easily be adjusted. All I had around to add was some peppermint pieces and it helped. I'm sure these can be amazing with just a little creative touch. Here is the recipe: 

Ingredients:


  • 1 cup Nutella
  • 2 eggs
  • 10 tbsp flour

Directions:
  1. Put all 3 ingredients in a bowl. 
  2. Mix with spoon or electric mixer until well combined. 
  3. Pour into a pan or muffin tin. 
  4. Bake at 350F for around 30 minutes (less time for cupcake form, more time if the centers aren't baked through).


I filled the muffin tin about 3/4 full which ended up only making 9 large brownies. So, if you want them bigger but want more than 9, I suggest doubling the recipe or only filling them maybe 1/2 full.  Enjoy :)















No comments:

Post a Comment